Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sisters and a Fancy Grey Sweatshirt

Original post date: Nov. 14, 2007. Well, my middle sis turned 30 today. She's finally in my decade. My youngest sis is in her 2nd year of law school and is a mere baby at 26. It's great having sisters. I don't have anything deep to say about that. I just wanted to put up a pic of my sisters.

I like this picture because we look super dorky and little. This is in Ireland a year and a half ago. It's a little hard to see, but my middle sis is wearing my grey sweatshirt, because we didn't bring enough warm clothes. Who knew Ireland would be freezing in July- shivering-freezing with pelting wind and rain. We wore all of our layers for three days straight and still got chilled. Even when the rain cleared, it was still cool. It's a good thing I brought my ratty blue sweatshirt, so my sis could wear the grey one. It's never a mistake to bring along an extra sweatshirt.

Last week the grey sweatshirt got left on a bus or airplane in Brazil. Oh well. That sweatshirt had some good times and got in more international travel than most people in the world.

Note in this Ireland photo the grey sweatshirt, and me in my same blue long-sleeved shirt, because I only brought tank tops. Idiot. I hope the person who finds the grey sweatshirt likes it. It cost 100 $, which is absurd. I only bought it because my husband got me a gift certif and there wasn't anything else in the store that I liked. It was still an adequate sweatshirt, albeit a bit short for comfort. That's why I won't really miss it and don't feel distraught.

Fortunately, my ratty blue sweatshirt from American Apparel did make it home safely from Brazil. Trusty, cozy little thing. Size medium. Look into it. Its comfort is worth the 50 bucks. I'm not including a picture of it, because in all the pics, I have the hood up and am hunched over in an effort to keep warm.

No comments: