Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Gorgeous Friend Wendy in FARGO


I just had to share this photo of my friend Wendy and her daughters, taken by a photographer for their local FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA newpaper. Yes, I said FARGO. Shiver.

I met Wendy and her husband Christopher in Rye NY, 11 years ago. We became fast friends, then they moved to Minnesota, and now they are in ND because Christopher has a morning radio show there. His website has past shows, his weekly newspaper column, and essays from the past couple years, including two fabulous ones about parenting called "Demando and Commando and "The Simple Language of Parenting and Football Coaches." Wendy blogs at My Green Side with green living tips, so do check out both of their websites if you are interested!

The caption for the photo was: Wendy Gabriel walks home from the sledding hill with her daughters Sunday afternoon. The girls took advantage of the above zero weather. Carrie Snyder / The Forum

Took advantage of the above zero weather. Good gracious. When I visited the Gabriels in Minnesota one February, it was the coldest weather I've ever experienced. With wind chill, it was below zero, and it was so very painful for this Virginia-bred girl.

2 comments:

MyGreenSide said...

I LOVE that you put this on your blog! The girls love to play in the snow. I'm constantly begging them not to eat it. Although, it's so out of control that now I just beg them not to eat visibly dirty snow...

I miss you! I hope you and your sweeties come to visit SOON... please, please, please!

Christopher Gabriel said...

The little girls are now saying to me, "...ok, we made the paper. Do you have a date in mind when we make our radio premiere?"

You think I'm kidding, don't you? :-)