Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Sister's Family Grows... and Blogs!

I am thrilled to announce the blog of my younger sister, Amy! Of course, I take most of the credit... just kidding!

Her blog is called "The H Family Grows," and she decided to do it because her family is not just growing with the three kids they already have, but will be growing, within the next year or two, with two children they are hoping to adopt from Ethiopia. Many families who adopt or are in the process of adopting start blogs, so I think that inspired Amy to keep her own account of their journey. I think she also wants to document her family life in general. 'Cause BOY are my niece and nephews ADORABLE! If I didn't have my own kid, I would be totally devastated that they are so far away in CA!

Speaking of, here's a pic of the Q in CA with his cousins in September.


I remember when Amy first mentioned they were thinking about adopting... I was all for it! I think, like during most of our phone conversations, I was driving. I am so in love with my niece and nephews, and I am so excited to have more. I'm excited that one of my sisters is blogging. Turns out she's a pretty good writer! Now we just need the other sister to start blogging, although she's a lawyer, and I think they have some strict code about that.

1 comment:

CT Mom said...

Congrats to your sister! I'm going to take a look at her blog, and add her to my reader. Looking forward to following along on the adoption journey.

PS: Lawyers can blog. I'm an attorney. If they are blogging about legal topics, they need to note that the content is general in nature and should not be construed as providing legal advice. Personal blogs are fine. So tell your other sister to jump on the blogging bandwagon!

Happy Thanksgiving!