Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bad Dream: My Baby Belonged to Ashlee Simpson!

I had a horrible dream. I dreamt that my baby wasn't actually MINE; he was Ashlee Simpson's. For some reason, I'd been taking care of him as if he were mine, forgetting that he wasn't. When it came time for him to spend the night at her place (he'd been overnighting with me, I think because she was on tour), I was really upset.

I was crying to my husband that I didn't think I could be with Q anymore because it made it too painful to be away from him- but even as I was saying that, I knew it would be horrible not to see him again. I was stuck in an awful place: continue raising a baby that would never be really mine, or not see a baby I'd grown desperately attached to.

I was thinking near the end of the dream that I should really try to have my OWN baby.

I think the dream came from the fact that
a) I am superstressed about being away from Q starting in Jan while I work full time and he's in daycare
b) some of the moms we were with last night did IVF, and they are thinking about trying for the second babies soon (their firsts are only 6 months). I was thinking, damn, I'm not getting any younger, maybe I should be thinking that way too!

I love my dreams. I'm happy I slept deeply enough to have some that I can remember. It's been awhile since I've been able to remember my dreams.

No comments: