Saturday, December 5, 2009

How Old Am I?

Someone asked me that tonight, and I was pretty sure I was 33, but then I said, maybe I was 34.
"What year were you born?" Kat said.
"'75."
"Then you're 34. I am too."
Me: "Really?!? 34? I would've said I was 33."

I'm still not convinced I'm 34. That sounds pretty old to me. I can't possibly be 35 next Feb. I might be 33.

It's really weird to come to a point where you don't know how old you are when people ask you. I mean, my mind is just on other stuff, like, my slow cooker, the ten pounds I wanna lose, my baby, my husband, my family, my books, all the baby toys I want to buy, and my friends.

The other day when I was picking up Lebanese food, someone overheard and said, "Oh, you must me a young mom!" (I was showing pics of my baby to the lady who works there.)
Me: "Really? I'm not that young. I think I'm like, 33, or 34!"
Stranger: "REALLY?!? You look like you're in your 20s."
Me: "Um."
Stranger: "It must be that new mom glow."
Me: "I guess so! 'Cause I'm kinda old."

Stuff like that happens to me all the time- strangers saying totally weird stuff to me. I live for it. I love it.

It's one of my hobbies, going out to see what weird stuff I can make happen. The post office is a pretty reliable place to go for that.

No comments: